Sermon: “True Wealth”
Scripture: 1 Timothy 6: 6-10, 17-19
Speaker: Pastor Mick Whistler
Scripture and questions for study and reflection:
1. Read 1 Timothy 6: 6-10, 17-19. What do you think are the main points in this text? Discuss.
2. What does it mean to be content? How do you define contentment in your life?
3. Read 1 Timothy 6: 6-10. What did Paul identify as being the path to great gain? How is this different than how the world sees great gain?
4. What are some changes you would like to make to achieve the great gain of godliness and contentment in your life?
5. Has a love of money ever “pierced you with many griefs,” as Paul describes? If so, how?
6. What do you think it means to be “rich in good deeds”?
7. Do you consider yourself to be rich in good deeds? Based on your answer, what does that say about your faith life? Are any changes needed?
8. What do you think Paul means when he talks about “taking hold of the life that is truly life”? What do you need to do to more fully take hold of this life?
9. How can you be a better steward of what God has given you? What is God leading you to share? To sell? To sacrifice?
Prayer for the Week:
Dear Lord, please help me to be abundantly content with You. Help me to avoid the dangers of the world and the dangers of excess that keep me continually seeking after more things. God, please show me the areas where I can share more of what I have in order to advance Your kingdom and glorify you. It’s in the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.