Sermon: “Unbelievable Conversion”
Scripture: Acts 9: 1-20
Speaker: Pastor Diane Mendelson
Scripture and questions for study and reflection:
1. Read Acts 9:1-20. Is this a passage you’re familiar with? If so, what are your thoughts about this text? If not, what are your initial thoughts on what has taken place in this text?
2. What did Saul hope to achieve in Damascus according to Acts 9:1-2? What did he achieve there?
3. We read about Saul’s conversion in three places in Acts. Read Acts 9:3-9, 22:6-11 and 26:12-18. What do you learn from each of these accounts?
4. Read Acts 9:10-19. In what ways can you personally identify with Ananias and the decisions he faced? Have you faced a similar request of God that was not an easy decision? Like Ananias, have you ever tried to help God with the facts (as if He did not already know them)?
5. How might this story have changed if Ananias had told God that he would not go see Saul? Would you have obeyed God if you were in the same position as Ananias?
6. Has God called you to a ministry opportunity? What was or is your response going to be?
7. Are there people who have had a positive spiritual impact on your life? Why did they have such an impact on you?
Prayer for the Week:
Great and gracious God, oh how I thank you for your unconditional love, grace and mercy. I remember when I first gave my life to you and how my life changed in so many ways. Thank you for offering me the “light of life” here on earth and the “light of eternity.” Be with me as I continue this journey and guide me all the days of my life. It is in the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.