Series: Not a Fan
Sermon: “Heart’s Desire”
Scripture: John 6:25-26
Speaker: Pastor Mick Whistler
Scripture and questions for study and reflection:
1. As we come to the conclusion of our Lenten Sermon Series…Not A Fan...have you been challenged to make any changes in your life to become a completely, committed follower of Jesus? If so, what do those changes look like?
2. Read Hebrews 9:27. What are your thoughts on this passage and how does it affect your life directly?
3. Read John 6:1-26. During this passage we see that Jesus has not only fed the multitudes, but He has walked on water…the crowds have now become quite an entourage in following Jesus wherever He goes. Why are they following Him? Is it because of what He feeds them? Is it because He can help them? If the food and help cease…will they still want to hang around Him? Is Jesus enough for them? Is this a means of separating the fans from the followers?
4. Read Matthew 7:21. This verse reminds us how easy it is to convince ourselves that we are followers of Jesus. What is the will of the Father? How well do you know Jesus?
5. Here are three questions that you are encouraged to answer in regard to your relationship with Jesus…answer them with sincere honesty, prayer and discernment: What are you hungry for and what do you truly thirst for? Is Jesus really enough for you? As you reflect on your answers to these first two questions…are you a fan or a follower?
Prayer for the Week:
Lord, please forgive us for the many times we’ve lived our lives as fans rather than living for you as completely committed followers. Please guide us and lead us through this journey of life and help us to acknowledge how desperately in need of you we are. Thank you, Jesus, for your unconditional love, mercy and grace. You are our heart’s desire and we long to worship you. Amen.