Sermon: “Prepare for a Crown”
Scripture: 2 Timothy 4: 6-8, 16-18
Speaker: Pastor Diane Mendelson
Scripture and questions for study and reflection:
1. Read 2 Timothy 4: 6-8, 16-18. How would you summarize this text?
2. Imagine yourself as a shy or timid believer. What part of this passage might be most convicting to you? Imagine yourself as a bold and confident believer. What part of this passage might be most convicting to you?
3. Paul compares his Christian life to a fight and a race. What similarities do you find in that comparison through this text and Paul’s life?
4. Paul served as the apostle to the Gentiles...sharing the Gospel of the Lord...How can you serve? What is your service? What roles has the Lord placed in your life? How can you carry out those responsibilities in Christian love?
5. What difference does this passage make in your life? How does it make you think or act? Does this text give you peace or anxiety?
6. From your perspective, what do people want to hear? What do they need to hear?
7. How differently do you live your life because of Jesus?
Prayer for the Week:
Dear Lord, I know that this world is not my home; I am only here for a brief time. You have given me the priceless gift of eternal life through Your Son Jesus. Keep the hope of heaven anew in my heart, and, while I am in this world, help me to share your amazing grace and love with everyone I meet.