Sermon: “Incredible Love”
Scripture: Luke 1: 39-45
Speaker: Pastor Mick Whistler
Scripture and questions for study and reflection:
1. The grown up’s message this week is titled Incredible Love. The children’s message is about God’s love for everyone and how everyone matters to Him, even the lowliest of people. Their word for the day is Invisible…sometimes we feel invisible and unloved… not worthy of God’s Incredible Love. Have you ever felt invisible and unloved? If so, what steps did you take to overcome those feelings?
2. When you think of Incredible Love…what words come to mind that describe Incredible Love? List them and discuss their meanings. Do these words describe the love you feel from God? Why or why not?
3. Read Luke 1:39-45. As you read this text…what are some of the ways you see God’s Incredible Love in action? How do they relate to the way God loves you?
4. Super-heroes fly around in flashy costumes and they have superhuman saving power…they get noticed and certainly they’re worthy of Incredible Love. What about those who are invisible or feel invisible…not so flashy? Do they get overlooked? If we look at the Christmas Story…in what ways do you see Mary as “Invisible”? How do you see the shepherds as “Invisible”? Are there others that appear “Invisible”? How do you see God showing them Incredible Love?
5. What changes do we need to make in our lives so that we have “eyes like Jesus”…to see those that are invisible to humankind, or are hurting, and crying out for help? God has an Incredible Love for each and every one of us…How might we show that same Incredible Love to everyone we meet?
Prayer for the Week:
Dear Jesus, you remind us that when we accepted you into our lives, our old life was dead and we have the opportunity to celebrate a new life. My new life has been changed forever by your Incredible Love and sacrifice. Today I will praise You, I will honor You, and I will share your Incredible Love to everyone I meet. May we give You all the praise and glory during this Advent season, Lord. It’s in your name I pray. Amen.